Answers to David about Dutch comics

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Fri Nov 5 21:51:56 CET 1993

me> 	"The 43th issue of the Weekly Donald Duck this year contained
me> a very funny story drawn by Ben Verhagen. Also, it had a 3-D album as
me> a bonus. It was a copy of Disney's 3-D comic, but it only contained
me> one Van Horn story."

David:
> 	First, do you have any more information on that Verhagen
> story?

Yes. 8-)

> Then... DISNEY'S COMICS IN 3-D #1 only had *one* Van Horn
> story, that being the story "The Billion Bean Stampede."

I meant to say "it only contained THE Van Horn story". The Rosa and Barks
stories were not reprinted.

> 	As for puns in Dutch stories, the upcoming Dutch story "The
> Hoard at the Rainbow's End" provided me with a lot that were just
> untranslatable, most of them on the sides of rare coin banks in
> Scrooge's collection.  I substituted my own in a few spots, but others
> I just had to delete as I knew no way to put them into English.

If you want any help with Dutch translations in the future, just ask me!

--Harry.