Life of $crooge 9

Fredrik Ekman d91fe at gnetis.pt.hk-r.se
Tue Nov 9 18:22:56 CET 1993

> 	Actually, I don't really have much to comment on, but I would
> like to ask you Egmont country folks about the newest Donald Duck weekly
> with part 9 of the "Life & Times of $McD". What did you think of that
> ending??? Was it a big mistake or an "instant classic"??? For you
> Americans who won't see that chapter for another 1 1/2 years, it's an
> ending unlike any that's ever been in a Disney funnybook, and I'm
> curious as to how readers will react.

What did I think of Lo$ #9? Why, actually I think it's clearly the best
part of those that I have read so far. The art is great and the way you
show how $crooge's experiences from all over the world conflict with the
traditions of the locals. The explanation of how he got his coat was,
well, a little dull, but that doesn't matter compared to the whole. The
scene at the graveyard was brilliant. You really managed to capture the
scene with your art there. And the ending. Well, what can I say? This is
GREAT! The first time I read it, I was almost shocked and even though I
understood the scene completely, I had to re-read the last page to be
sure I got it right. One detail only; check the sun in the last few
panels. I can't really get it into my head how the angle of the sunshine
coming through the window can be correct compared to the scene of the
castle from outside. Details, details... The only thing I'm wondering
now is; how did the kids react to this? What about your kids, Geir?
Anyone else has children/kid brothers, et c?

>	And our mooses can beat up your mooses.

Can NOT!

  /Fredrik Ekman