Disney-comics digest #154.

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Fri Nov 12 15:48:26 CET 1993

On Thu, 11 Nov 1993, David A Gerstein wrote:
> 	Dear Folks,
> 	A few things to say today.
> 	My Review:  USA 24
> 	== =======  === ==
> 	"The Minus de Milo" had a VERY GOOD dialog writer (a new
> guy!)... his humor was first-rate.  My only problem was that he was
> far too WORDY -- some balloons had TWO unrelated lines, whereas one
> woulda been enough.  But I'll give him time.  Grade:  B-.

I had some problems with this.  First of all, it is a time travel story,
so why couldn't they just go back a few days before, and get it then?
Time travel is a murky device; do they change the future, does time happen
irregardless of what they do, do they cause the timeline to split?

We never learn why the villain was angry about his mother's statue.  Was
it a bad likeness?  Was it taboo to carve statues of known people?

Wouldn't Scrooge be glad to get an ancient Greek vase?  One in mint
condition (it hadn't aged in the time machine)?  Especially since he
didn't get the arms and head?

Also, I think the writer tried to explain why the island was abandoned.
There may be a historical footnote here, as I think the kingdom vanished
in our world.  Don, I think you could take this premise and expand it
greatly.  Maybe even have HDL decipher that Minoan tongue no one else can
figure out.  I don't know if Scrooge has voyaged to the Greek Isles
(wasn't there a Golden Fleece story?), but it would allow for some
wonderful art to be shown.

My grade:  C-

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA