Colouring

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Sun Oct 10 20:49:24 CET 1993

Mark recently bought WDC 57 and noticed
> that Donald's car was yellow rather than red in all of its
> appearances, and Daisy's clothing was purple instead of pink.  Again,
> I apologize if this is an old topic, but when did these colors change
> to their more familiar states?

Actually the colour of Donald's car has been up here before, but no
conclusive answers were reached as far as I remember.  I posted some
data from WDC's I have (none of them as old as yours) back then.
Here is that list again, but extended a little.

Dell: 126, 189 blue; Gold Key: 379, 403 red; 422 yellow; 429 red; 450,
454, 455 yellow; 456 red; 469 yellow; 471 red; Whitman: 487, 491
yellow; 504 blue.  Judging by that small sample it seems like yellow
was the most common colour during a period at least.

David asked about the colouring of Scrooge's clothes:
> When and where did Uncle Scrooge ever appear consistently with a
> red-and-gray coat?  The color changes wildly in old Dell issues, and
> is most often purple or green!

I don't know, but here are some data on the colour of Scrooge's coat
in some US's, in case anybody cares :-)

Dell	US 15, 16, 27: purple
	US 28, 57: red

Goldkey	US 143, 149, 153: red

Whitman	165, 185, 186, 189: red (in 189 even his spats are red!)
	190: purple
	192: red
	195: red coat with green cuffs
	196: blue!