Lettercol jingoism

David A Gerstein David.A.Gerstein at williams.edu
Fri Oct 15 02:06:08 CET 1993

	Dear Folks,

	When I first went to do dialogues for Disney comics, it was for
Disney Comics -- in other words, I sold three to Cris Palomino in
1992.  One was a Freddy Milton story, "The Clock Watcher."  Here's my
point:  For those who read my K-Index... you may have noticed "The
Clock Watcher" there.  Cris Palomino bought my first-ever dialogues, but
then left Disney during a *second* cutdown in 1992 which left only
David Seidman as editor.  David Seidman was being bombarded with
tons of letters for NO MORE FOREIGN DUCKS and was trying that
experiment for a while, so had not used my work yet when Disney
stopped.

        Who was responsible for those letters?  David told me there were
great numbers of them.  Many planned foreign stories were shelved
as he tried to placate that demand.  I mean *purchased dialogs* were
shelved.  I'm very disturbed that this demand came up at all.  Do you
think Gladstone is now getting those types of letters?

	Sincerely,

	David

	P. S.  The three long 44-page Egmont time travel stories --
one another Rota Viking story, I think -- were among the shelved,
paid-for Disney projects, as was a Vicar story, "The Bad Penny" (with
dialog by Bill Riling).  Anyone besides me want to needle Gladstone
for those?