Yet more about colours

Dag Nummedal Dag.Nummedal at itk.unit.no
Fri Oct 15 19:14:25 CET 1993

   I and Don Rosa thought that all the terries and fermies in Barks's
   "Land Beneath the Ground" should have the same colour, and not be in
   all kinds of colours as they've been in every American colour
   printing.  But then our beneath-the-ground expert Wilmer Rivers said
   that rocks come in a wide variety of colours, so there's nothing
   strange with the terries and fermies being that colourful.  Maybe so,
   but I still think of them as having the same colour, because that's
   how they looked when *I* first read the story!

In the CBL there's a few pictures from Nathional Geographic that Barks used as
inspiration for his work. The story "Land Beneath the Ground" is connected to
a picture from some caves. As far as I remember, there was a lot of different
colors, and soft round shapes.

I haven't checked my CBL now, so I'm not 100% sure, but I think Barks intended
the terries and ferries to be colorful.

-Dag Nummedal