Norwegian quiz show?

Wilmer Rivers rivers at seismo.CSS.GOV
Tue Oct 26 02:12:51 CET 1993

What is one to say about Even Flood and Geir Hasnes's recent posting
from Norway (motto: "Land of the Really Weird Newspapers")?  I think
I shall refrain from commenting on the principal subject matter of the
article, at least until I recover from reading it.  However, a couple
of incidental points:

> [Geir] is known for his participation in the quiz "Double or Nothing"
> on NRK TV in 1989.

What's this all about?  Did Geir choose to compete in a category devoted
to Disney comics?  If so, what were the questions?

> He often lectures about Donald and
> measures his comics in meters, not in numbers.
> Now I have about ten meters of Donald magazines and a couple of
> meters with scholarly literature says Hasnes.

Hey Geir, can we come over to your house and play?  :-)

Anyway, thanks to you both for sharing this article with us.  Please let
us know as soon as "Dagbladet" follows up on this line of hard-hitting
investigative journalism with articles about the sex lives of Pluto, the
seven dwarves, and (of course) Ariel.  Not to mention (** Please!!!! **)
the scandalous live-in relationship between Chip and Dale....

Wilmer Rivers