Disney-comics digest #97.

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Sun Sep 12 20:08:16 CEST 1993

On Sun, 12 Sep 1993, David A Gerstein wrote:
> 	Dear Folks,
> 	Another comment about the "ways for Gladstone to gain
> publicity" discussion:  Gladstone *could* do a hologram cover using
> one of Barks' recent sculptures of Scrooge as the model!!  (Not that I
> endorse that kind of thing to promote wild speculation... I just think
> that would be an inspired touch.)
> 	Maybe on US #300 in three years?

NO NO NO!!!  The speculator market will collapse in less than two years!
It must be done NOW, while the speculators are stilling shelling out their
sheckels on comic books!!!

I don't think anyone has ever done a cover sized hologram cover before.
National Geographic has done it, with a cool 3-D McDonald's advertisement
on the back.

Also, no comic book publisher has ever done a mutli-phase hologram, where
the image changes as your point-of-view changes.  Maybe for the Life of
Scrooge Hardcover?

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA