Comics festifal in Finland, and Lo$

Mikko Henri Juhani Aittola maittola at snakemail.hut.fi
Wed Apr 13 20:28:13 CEST 1994

Finland's biggest (still not very big, I'm afraid) comics con is arranged
28.-29.5.1994 in Helsinki, in the place called 'Kaapelitehdas'. One of
the main themes this year is disney-comics.

Byron Ericson and Bob Foster should be there too.

That's all I know about it.

I just bought the U$ #286. I haven't read Lo$2 before.
The story and art was very good. (Well that's a surprise...)
It's actually quite incredible how well Don can make the
story flow between Bark's 'facts'. When I read Lo$3 back in 1992
I didn't have a slightest idea that the series is sort of based on
older $crooge stories. I didn't catch any of the references to Bark's
stories, simply because I have used to the idea that there is absolutely
no continuity in Duck universe. I'm really glad that Don thinks
otherwise. References to past stories in general adds so much more depth
in the characters.

The colors in #285 were better than in #286. Looked like colouring
was done in a hurry. I accept that in some cases it's better to colour
only the main characters of the panel, but in this issue the background
was left too many times without good colouring. Not to mention those
WHITE gold teeths...

Looking forward to parts 11 and 12...

         /Mikko