Upcoming events

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Thu Apr 21 12:59:40 CEST 1994

Don> I now leave for a 4 day funnybook convention in Oakland, CA. I
Don> won't be back until Monday if people ask me any questions and I don't
Don> reply.

Have a good time there!  I'm sure list members would be interested in
knowing about conventions you will attend, when they are in the
vicinity, and I guess they often are in the vicinity of *someone* at
least, as we are all over the globe (more or less).

As Barks's European tour draws closer I guess many European duck fans
will want to know when he will be where, and what will happen, so I
thought of making the itinerary of the tour (as published in CBG 1057)
available by ftp, but then I thought of combining this with other
upcoming stuff, and composed a list of upcoming events pertaining to
Disney comics.  Most of it is Barks's tour but there's also some
information on Don Rosa's doings and other stuff.  Of course
additional facts on these items or wholly new items are very much
welcome.

-------8<--------

[Upcoming events around the globe pertaining to Disney comics.
 I've suffixed the dates with the country where something is happening.
 Sometimes I've added the source in []'s at the end.  The information
 on Barks's European tour is from The Comics Buyers Guide #1057 (typed
 in by Tryg Helseth.)					/Per Starback]

1994:

April 23, SWEDEN: NAFS(k) meeting in Stockholm.

May 28--29, FINLAND: One of the main themes of the comics con at
	Kaapelitehdas in Helsinki will be Disney comics.
	Byron Erickson and Bob Foster will attend. [Mikko Aittola]

May 30, ICELAND: Start of Barks's European tour.  He arrives in Reykjavik.

May 30--June 6, GERMANY: "I'm still to be in Frankfurt and Erlangen
	this May 30 to June 6." [Don Rosa] (Two different comics
	conventions?  When and where?)

June 3,	NORWAY: Barks arrives in Oslo.

June 9: 60 years since Donald Duck's debut (in the cartoon "The Wise
	Little Hen").
June 9, DENMARK: Barks arrives in Copenhagen.

June 12, DENMARK: Barks attends gallery closing. (Where?)

June 14, FINLAND: Barks arrives in Helsinki.

June 16, FINLAND: Barks attends a gallery opening. (Where?)

June 17, SWEDEN: Barks arrives in Stockholm.

June 21, GERMANY: Barks arrives in Berlin.

June 24, FRANCE: Barks arrives in Paris.

June 28, GERMANY: Barks arrives in Munich.

June 29, GERMANY: Barks attends gallery opening. (Where?)

July 2, GERMANY: Barks in Stuttgart.  This date is marked as flexible.

July 4, ITALY: Barks arrives in Verona.

July 7, ITALY: Barks in Venice.

July 10, ITALY: Barks in Milan.

July 11, ITALY: Barks attends gallery opening. (In Milan. Where?)

July 14, SWITZERLAND: Barks to Zurich.

July 18, THE NETHERLANDS: Barks to Amsterdam.

July 21: Barks's European tour is over, and he returns to Oregon.

October 26--30, SWEDEN: Book and Library Fair in Gothenburg.
	*Maybe* Don Rosa will attend.

October 31--November 6, NORWAY and SWEDEN:
	"From the Goteborg Book Fair to Oslo to the Stockholm comic
	convention. Nothing for sure yet, but that's what is being
	mentioned as a possibility." [Don Rosa]

I've made this available at the ftp server as "upcoming".
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"