Where's Duckberg?

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sat Aug 20 13:50:17 CEST 1994

On Thu, 18 Aug 94 23:40:38 EDT,
AndrewP603 at aol.com  <AndrewP603 at aol.com> wrote:

>  What part of the U.S. is Duckberg in?  I seem to remember reading in a (I
>think it was Barks) comic that it was in "Calisota."  This sounds like a
>hybrid of California and Minnesota to me.

Welcome to the list!  It's good to see a fellow Minnesotan here.  I joined
this list last December and asked the very same question to the list
members.  (I always suspected the Minnesota reference was partly due to
Barks having lived in Minneapolis when he worked for the Calgary Eye Opener.

>P.S. There used to be a fanzine about Disney comics called _The Duckberg
>Times_, I believe.  Does anyone know if it's still around or how to get an
>issue?  Thanks.

I used to (or may still have!) a subscription to _The Duckburg Times_,
published by Dana Gabbard et. al.   The issues stopped coming 5 or more
years ago then an issue suddenly show up about a year back.  Haven't seen
one since, so I'd guess Dana is too busy with other pursuits.   Along those
lines, I haven't see _The Barks Collector_ for many years.  Did John
Nichols discontinue it?

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes