Old Disney comics

Daniel Shane homebrew at iglou.com
Sun Dec 18 13:15:00 CET 1994

>I would like to insure my comics but I do not
>know what their value may be except what I paid for them.

ED:

The so-called "collector's value" of old comics can be obtained through
Overstreet's Comic Book Price Guide, obtainable at just about any bookstore
or comic specialty store.

I am not a fan of the method valuation used to ascertain the supposed
"market value" of old items.  I remember too fondly the days when we used to
go to yard sales and find stacks of comics, boxes of View-Master reels (a
favourite hobby of mine) and lots of other neat stuff for LESS than the
owner paid, not more.  Such sales got the books and toys into the hands of
people who would read or use them, not just horde them because they were
"collectible."

Still, for insurance purposes it is probably a good idea for people with
extensive collections to know how much it would cost to replace them, though
getting all lost comics replaced would be practically impossible at any cost.