Disney-comics digest #228.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Feb 1 05:50:22 CET 1994

	The German Barks exhibit? All I can add to that is that it is
being organized by Helnwein and Carsten Laqua, the only art dealer on
the planet who sells MY "art". This exhibit has nothing to do with
Barks' visit and accompanying art show which is/was supposed to take
place 3 months later. Laqua's display will include oils and old pages,
but I don't know how many of which; I've never quized him since I knew
I wouldn't be around to see it anyway.

MATTIAS:
	Sure. Not swing, but jazz -- that's what's so popular in Europe.
American jazz is more popular in Europe than in America. Why should it
be any different than western movies or Donald Duck comics? Anyway, I
now recall you saying you played "Dixieland" music (which one also
doesn't hear much about in America).
	I just dunno... if I were you, in a car, in America... I think
I'd fly to California and rent the car there, and drive around out west.
I can't think of why a European fella would want to see New England;
it's interesting to an American who never sees a building or historical
site older than 50 years to go to New England, but not for a European
who's used to buildings whose age could be counted in millenia. And
between New England and the Rockie Mountains, there just ain't NUTHIN'
worth seeing. I mean, it's pretty enough, but no landscape much
different than in Scandanavia. So, I hope to see you pass through
Louisville, but *I* sure wouldn't waste that much time when I could be
staring into the Grand Canyon or something.
	Where did you drive in 1991? Near Louisville?