Disney-comics digest #229.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Wed Feb 2 07:00:52 CET 1994

MATTIAS:
	Non-Duck stuff. Sorry, folks.
	The tour you took of America in 1991 was FIRST CLASS. In fact, I
can't think of a better brief tour of this country! California, Rockies,
Grand Canyon, deserts, New Orleans, New York, Florida. About the only
thing you missed was the Pacific Northwest -- that might be my favorite.
Another thing you missed was pre-1960s Florida, before it started
filling up like a dirty sponge, but that would be hard to see now.
Before you took another trip to the mainland, I would suggest visiting
Hawaii or, better yet, the Virgin Islands! But then, there's not much
American history there.
	I know next to nothing about music except what I like. I don't
know any history or terminology, and regardless of how much classical
music I own or listen to, I don't seem to concentrate on it enough to
ever recall more than composer's names and whether I generally like the
type of music they wrote (in other words, no titles or nuthin). Anyway,
as for jazz/swing: having admitted I don't know what I'm talking about,
I always thought jazz and swing were different... and that "swing",
indeed, WAS only the "dance music" of the 30s & 40s -- music you could
"swing" to, right?
	(And my favorite bit of swing is a popular favorite I suspect --
Goodman's "Sing, sing, sing"; and of all the versions I've ever heard,
I'm afraid that I like John Williams overdone version from that stupid
"1941" movie.)
	We need to stop all this non-Duck talk. But if anyone holds it
against me, remember that I'm paying not only to post it, but I PAY
AGAIN to read my own words on the digest that I receive! So I'm being
punished for my sins!

HARRY:
	I look forward to the DD EXTRAs you'll be sending! If you could
satisfy my curiosity by describing the covers on their Lo$ issues, I'd
appreciate it. It's too late to swipe their idea for part 3 or 4... and
my own cover for Gladstone's part 4 is pretty slick so I hope I'm not
missing an idea. But there's still time to swipe their ideas for part 5
& 6 covers, though the part 5 cover seems as if it MUST be a scene from
the sword fight on the lightning-swept castle parapet.
	And if you go all the way to Nuremburg just to shake my hand,
you can be sure I'll treat you better than I was treated by the guy who
I travelled far just to shake hands with. I'll even be willing to talk
to you.
	But in reference to that possible trip, something happened today
that makes it more likely that I will, indeed, go to that German
convention June 2-5, so the chances look good.