Disney-comics digest #230.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Thu Feb 3 07:51:43 CET 1994

MATTIAS:
	How much do I pay to read your words? And to read my own words
when they come back at me in these Digests? My COMPUSERVE membership
costs me $9 per month which entitles me to a certain amount of free
E-Mail (which is how I receive the Digests, of course). After that
point, I pay a certain amount per number of characters sent and
received. Now my memory is fading -- perhaps I'm paying not for E-Mail,
but because it's being sent from another system (Internet)? My monthly
bills are around $25+, so that would mean I'm paying $15-$20 per month
to read these Digests -- since I think there are about 5 of these per
week (there aren't usually Digests on weekends, are there?), I guess I
pay about $1 each as it averages out. Not so much, I guess. But I'm
always striving to make sure I don't pay anymore than I must -- that's
why I try to discourage receiving long indexes that I'm not even
interested in, if I can avoid it. I hope this doesn't make me sound
cheap -- I hope people here realize that I might be the world's widest
read, most popular and famous (in a limited way), and yet most poorly
paid writer/artist. If there are any other writers or artists in the
world who do ALL their own work single-handedly, and yet have no share
in the profits made from their efforts (including the sale of their own
art), other than freelance writers/artists of Disney comic books -- I'd
love to know what that job might be.