Not another Chicken Joke!

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Mon Feb 14 03:51:19 CET 1994

RON, DON, and DAVID:

All this talk about my personal role model, Gyro, sent me digging back in
the archives to defend the hair raising questions about the Gearloose mop-
top.

On David's suggestion, I looked up the untitled story from Uncle Scrooge
#23 about Gyro's new swimming pool.  Yes!  Gyro has his hair with no hat or
strap.  It's either real hair or held on by a powerful adhesive.  (Super
Glue hadn't been invented yet, but surely Gyro could have whipped something
up...)

Another interesting find is Gyro's appearance in WDC&S #141, the
Think Box story.  In this episode, the straps go all the way to Gyro's
hat; he must have had his hair slicked down so they couldn't go through
the hair as they do in other stories...  :)

I was trying to locate yet another story where Gyro appears without a hat;
there was one I remember where Gyro was quite a bit heavier and I don't
think he had a hat.  As I recall, it was a brief appearance in a US or DD
story--probably in DD.   Anyone remember this pre-Jenny Craig Gyro?

Now, is he a Chicken or not?  I'll vote for an albino magpie!

    "You can never build a machine so smart
     there won't be some jerk too dumb to run it!"

                          -Gyro Gearloose

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes