Gyro is a CHICKEN (?)

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Mon Feb 14 09:59:09 CET 1994

David about Gyro:
> 	Hey, he HAS a chicken-beak!  Barks himself frequently
> refers to him as one, which clinches it.

What Barks says outside his comics, doesn't count. 8-)

> 	In any event, in the US, Gyro is a chicken.  I know that at
> least one other country's comic lettercol pegged him as a crane,
> although I don't know which country (I heard it here).

You must mean my message. That "one other country" is Holland. But I
think the answer of the publisher nowadays is "Gyro is just a weird bird".

--Harry

(First, Grandma is not Donald's mother, and now, Gyro is a chicken? You are
right of course, but I have to redefine my view on the Duckburg world...)