Disney-comics digest #248.

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Feb 23 18:11:10 CET 1994

Nikolaus:
~~~~~~~~~
> I own one issue of the 'Disney Auto Album'-series, but sorry,
> since I'm in the UK at the moment, and my comics are in Germany,
> I can not tell you the number. (...)
> If you're really interested in this album, I can find out
> more for you when I'm back in Germany in April.

I'm especially interested in original stories in that series. It seems that
your album has only reprints.

Elon V. Brisola:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> I'm from Brazil (any other Brazilians in this list?)

We had one Brazilian lurker last year, but he may be gone now.

> I prefer to read Disney stories in my
> native language (Portuguese). Does any of you Europeans share my feelings
> about stories in one's native language?

For some strange reason, I always like Barks' story best when I can read them
in Dutch. While I prefer the Rosa stories in English! Maybe it's because
my first Barks story was in Dutch, and my first Rosa story (Last sled to
Dawson) was in English?

> It was nice talking to you all, and it is nice to be hearing from you.

That's mutual! Maybe you can tell us something about the Disney comics
in Brazil (Ze Carioca etc.). Any Barks or Rosa stories over there?

Torsten:
~~~~~~~~
> (yes, their are actually children in the U.S. reading Disney Comics)

Unbelievable... But that's not Gladstone's biggest market, is it? I always
thought Gladstone's comics were meant for nostalgic adults and collectors.

> 	I purchase both the albums and the comicbooks.  I purchase the
> albums because they are larger, have better paper, include essays not
> usually found in the comicbooks (...)

Can someone tell us what essays there are in Gladstone's albums? Most of
the albums I have seen are wrapped in plastic (because of the trading card)
so I can't see what's in them. And I don't buy a comics album with stories
I already have 4 or 5 times, UNLESS there's a good article in it, or some
previously unpublished artwork.

> Even if I have read the story, it has been a while, and
> I usually have forgotten parts of it .  Besides, even if I have read it
> before, it's still fun to read it again.

I'm on a Barks diet nowadays. I have read all of Barks' work very often in
the past 15 years. I almost know the stories by head. That's why I try
to 'forget' them, so that I can read them 'fresh' in a few years...
(I still BUY Barks, but I don't READ it.)

--Harry.

Harry         PTT Research       ()_()     Dutch Disney comics freak
Fluks         Leidschendam        (_)      H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl

              "Yeah... I've _heard_ of coral barques!"