Disney-comics Database

Bror Hellman hellman at proxxi.uf.se
Sat Feb 26 11:56:42 CET 1994

Fredrik Ekman:

> > Data fields:
> >
> > [...]
> > - number of entire pages (2 characters should be enough...)

> if some lunatic were to index these in the future and did not know (or
> did not care) about this, he/she would need three characters. So if we
> can afford three characters for this field, I suggest we use that, just
> to make sure.

Ouch! Well, I feel the pain in my gut.. :-) I'm one of there "lunatics"
to Index these. Please leave three characters...

> > - (start) date, in the form yy/mm/dd
>
> Isn't the international standard yy-mm-dd? If I didn't get some kind of
> explanation, yy/mm/dd would confuse me at least.

WHy don't we just skip the separators all together? (yymdd) It'll save two
bytes off every record.

	Steamboat Willie

... Does The Little Mermaid wear an algebra?

Internet: hellman at proxxi.uf.se, DuckNet: hellman at 313:100/13.0