Disney-comics digest #254.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Feb 28 05:07:08 CET 1994

CHRIS LAWTON:
	I have read your last set of comments. I am quite surprised at
what made you a "Disney comics fan" and suspect that you actually
AREN'T. If it's Roger Rabbit that you like, either the comic book or the
movie, I would suggest that Disney is NOT what you should be reading (or
watching) at all. Roger Rabbit and "Maroon Cartoons" are exaggerated
imitations (if possible) of Tex Avery's Columbia, MGM and Warner
Brothers cartoons of the 30's and 40's... as I said, the very sort of
cartoons that were the OPPOSITE of the restrained and artistic Disney
type. Nothing in Roger Rabbit was a tribute to Disney. I think you are
going to be sadly disapponted when you finally see what REAL Disney
(i.e. DELL Disney) comics are all about.