Disney-comics digest #268.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at CompuServe.COM
Mon Mar 14 06:40:10 CET 1994

DAVID:
	In my Lo$ I tell of $crooge retiring about 1937, at which point
no one, but perhaps some employees sworn to secrecy, know what the Money
Bin really is. People in Duckburg know their First Citizen is the
richest man in the world, but they don't know that much about him, and
have begun to forget about him when some investigative reporting
apparently gets wind of the truth behind the Bin for a newsreel. My
chapter 12 all takes place on Christmas Day, 1947; that is, AFTER the
night on Bear Mountain and just before DD & HDL are shown eating dinner
with $crooge on the last page of that old story. There's nothing in
"Xmas on Bear Mountain" to indicate that DD or HDL have ever met $crooge
or even heard from him before he calls them to invite them to that night
in the cabin, so I can show them meeting him for the first time. It was
another difficult chapter to write since I would have prefered to make a
long adventure out of such historic events, but all I had was 15 pages
(though I wheedled ONE extra page onto that length).