Journey to the Center of the Earth

Mark Semich mas at cs.bu.edu
Thu Mar 24 21:46:59 CET 1994

Mikko Aittola writes:
>DON:
> Have you decided that Ducks should really get to the
> MIDDLE of the earth. I mean they could TRY it, but maybe
> it's impossible for them to get there?

I'm very curious how you plan to have them get through the liquid
outer core.  I remember you mentioning that you were thinking of a
tube of some sort.  Given that there is a *lot* of motion in the many
different layers, I wonder how feasable this would be.  Although
without it, any sort of vessel would instantly melt... Unless Gyro
rigged something up?

I was wondering if floating bits of solid matter might help at all,
maybe they could dig from one to the other as they pass each other, but
that probably wouldn't work.

> The predictable thing about the story would be that
> $croogey gets info saying center of the earth is made of
> gold, but it's interesting to see what you can come up
> with.

Actually, my guess would be that the great pressures have created a
core consisting of one huge diamond.