Jack Chalker's Scrooge Bio

Tryg Helseth trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu
Sun Mar 27 14:48:55 CEST 1994

On Sun, 27 Mar 1994 07:24:12 -0500,
Mark Mayerson  <mayerson at sidefx.sidefx.com> wrote:

>I recently got Mike Barrier's Barks book, and in reading it saw a reference
>to Jack Chalker's Informal Biography of Scrooge McDuck.  That came out in 1974.

I have that book.  I bought it back in 1974 and it inspired me to complete my
collection of Uncle Scrooge.

>I remember knowing about it but I've never seen it.  Anybody have any comments?
>Also, I assume that Don Rosa is familiar with it and I'm wondering if it was
>any help/hinderance on his Life of Scrooge series.

It's been many years since I read that book, but from what I remember, It
only used material that had appeared in Barks stories.  He basically tried
to put the material into some form of chronological order and tie it to
events that occured in the real world.  A very delightful book--especially
since it appeared at a time when there was not much written about Barks and
Scrooge in the US.

Tryg

Tryg Helseth  <trygve at maroon.tc.umn.edu>   Minneapolis, MN, USA
          or  <tryg.helseth at tstation.mn.org>

"I wish they all could be Calisota Ducks!" -The Beach Drakes