**message from Dwight Decker** Hotwind J. Flated

Harry Fluks H.W.Fluks at research.ptt.nl
Wed Mar 30 10:11:04 CEST 1994

(Dwight Decker sent this to me, but it was meant for the list
--Harry)

> David asked about the Jippes story in last
> month's WDC&S ("High-Flying Picnic"):
>
> > 	Important question:  The author of Donald's ballooning book in
> > that story, Hotwind J. Flated, is clearly a caricature of Carl Barks.
> > Some of the ink lines look altered.  Was this a Barks caricature in
> > the Dutch version as well?  If so, has it been altered for its
> > appearance here?
>
> Dwight, did you translate (and script) that story? If so, maybe you could
> give us some more information.

Sorry -- can't help you there. I didn't have anything to do with the story
in question (I've translated five Dutch Duck stories for Gladstone this time
around, but none have appeared yet). Anyway, wouldn't "Hotwind N. Flated" be
a better name? "Flated" doesn't mean anything; the word is "inflated." Or
Hotwind D. Flated might be even better.

Groetjes,

Dwight Decker