No chance?

Mikko Henri Juhani Aittola maittola at beta.hut.fi
Thu Mar 31 08:57:56 CEST 1994

I'm sorry, but I have to hesitate DON with this:

> I asked Don Rosa:
>
> > Don, have you ever actually considered to shock the 'Mouse Universe' with
> > your 'irritating details'?

> Harry replied with Don Rosa quote:
>
>>> As for me ever doing a Mickey Mouse story, there's no chance of that.
>>> There's no reason for me to. I am totally apathetic toward the character
>>> as being simply a cute configuration of lines. There's no personality.
>>> Sure, in the hands of another Barks, Mickey would become a WONDERFUL
>>> character.

       That's exactly what I mean. Let's just replace 'another Barks'
       with something else, like:

           Sure, in the hands of Don Rosa (ahem!), Mickey would become
           a wonderful character. 8-)
             I think if anybody it's you who can put personality in
           a comic book character.

>>> I'll be glad to do a Mickey Mouse story after someone else writes and
>>> draws classic Mickey comics for 25 years and gets me interested in
>>> those cute ink lines. As of right now... feh.

       Somebody's got to be the first. Why not you. :)
       I'm not trying to force you or anything...

           /Mikko