RE Digest #319

Mattias Hallin Mattias.Hallin at jurenh.lu.se
Fri May 6 09:09:11 CEST 1994

`ULLO, `ULLO, EVERYBODY!

	Here I am already -- with a few late comments on past subjects:

SIGURDUR:

	Those albums your shop-owner friend showed you would EITHER be old issues of Gladstone`s pre-Disney-Disneys comic albums; OR part of their present intended-to-be-complete (or so it seems) Carl Barks Library in Color. You do know, I suppose, about their original Carl Barks Library, the complete reissue of Barks` duck comics, printed in black and white and presented in ten slip-cased sets, each consisting of three large-format hardcover books. (I paid US$ 810 for my complete set back in `87; and never regretted a single cent of that money)

Well, now they`re making us hard-core suckers (one born ev`ry minute -- and I`m sure one of `em!) buy the same comics (and stories -- no, sorry 'bout that!) again, only this time printed in colour, and sold separatly as soft-cover comic albums, ranging in price between (I think) US$ 8.95 and 12.95, but certainly not 20, although I guess your friend might to have to charge you that much to cover his overheads. The least expensive way to get`em is probably to subscribe directly from Gladstone -- in that case you pay only the cover price plus a not-too-hefty postage and handling surcharge; the drawback being they ship`em to you surface mail, which is slow. Once they start coming, though, you`ll get`em just as regularly as if bought from the stand, though about two months behind schedule of course. They too, are worth the money, I guess, `though I haven`t really dared figger the final cost out -- I want mah poor achin` wallet t` be able t` git his nights rest, dontcha know?!

All the best!

Mattias

!==============================================================================!
!* Mattias Hallin ** <Mattias.Hallin at Jurenh.lu.se> ** Phone: +46 46-14 84 43 **!
!* Trollebergsvagen 24 B ***** Work: Lund University, Box 117, S-221 00 Lund **!
!* S-222 29 Lund, SWEDEN **************************** Phone: +46 46-10 71 37 **!

!Mattias Hallin                      Phone: +46 (0)46-107137 (am)        !
!Juridiska enheten                          +46 (0)46-109709 (pm)        !
!Lund University                       Fax: +46 (0)46-104232             !
!Box 117, S-221 00 Lund, SWEDEN     e-mail: <Mattias.Hallin at Jurenh.lu.se>!