Disney-comics digest #324.

James Williams James_Williams at ESS.NIAID.pc.niaid.nih.gov
Fri May 13 14:27:16 CEST 1994

Mikko wrote:

>I think Barks has right of some degree to be upset at Rosa.  I think I
>would be too if somebody would start to make sequels to MY stories.

I disagree.  Anyone doing stories featuring Scrooge or Gyro are
building on Barks.  When Barks did his stories and created new
characters, they became part of the Disney Duck Universe.  Part of
the magic of comics is having multiple writers and artists work
on the same characters or stories.  If I wrote comics, I'd be thrilled
to create a comic book character (or story) that out lived me.

James Williams