Disney-comics digest #485.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Tue Nov 8 16:56:54 CET 1994

	Well, I'm back from my lil' tour through Scandanavia. And it
sounds like I'll be back there again in one year -- all the Egmont
branches are thinking about publishing some sort of hardback collection
of that $crooge bio of mine, and perhaps they'll do it for the Book
Fairs in Oslo and Gothenborg next year. I might also stop by Finland on
that trip.

	I just spent 1 anna half hours reading the backlog of Disney
Digests that piled up on me! (I hate to think what that cost me!) And I
only skimmed it all mighty quick. There was lots of stuff!
	I don't need to bore anyone with my opinions on the intertwining
of the various Disney character Universes... since my only interest in
Disney comics are Barks' Ducks, you can imagine (or already know) how
hardheaded and intolerant I am on that, but I try to never let myself
comment on how other writers choose to write their own stories; I write
my way and everyone else can do it their ways. But David described how
shocked I was when glancing at Pat Block's story where GOOFY suddenly
appears -- to my narrow vision, that was like seeing Bugs Bunny pop up
in a Batman comic book or something. But that's my problem... never mind
me.

	What happened to Jorgen who was going to see me at the lecture
at the University of Oslo college of physics (or wotever it was
exactly); I never saw him report actually seeing me or to let me know
how I did.

	I saw a new member named Bev Keddy pop in from Nova Scotia...
which makes me wish to tell her that the "Lost Charts of Columbus" story
(the sequel to both "The Golden Helmet" and "Guardians of the Lost
Library") that I just completed has a portion set in and near Nova
Scotia.

HARRY:
	I wanted to mention to you that I just received a letter from a
Dutch fan who visited the recent big (?) comic convention in Holland,
"de Stripdagen", and spoke to Michel Nadrop and Mau Heymans about my
work. He said they expressed a distinct dislike of my stuff as being
"not in the Disney style". I think this is a bit boorish of them... I
never make negative comments about their work or anyone else's. Besides,
I often speak to interviewers telling them that I always feel
uncomfortable with thinking some other GOOD Disney comic artists might
resent the fact that I get so much attention despite all the other
Disney comics artists' ability to draw better than I can. I would think
that might defuse their understandable irritation and they might leave
me alone. I can see why they might be peeved that they spent years
learning to draw this Disney "style", and then my stories gain this odd
popularity simply because (it's my theory) I DON'T draw in that Disney
style. Ah, well..... I can't make everyone happy.