Disney-comics digest #489.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Sat Nov 12 05:44:42 CET 1994

BEV:
	I've heard of all those other names you mention being used for
both genders, but still never Beverly. But I like "odd" names... you
just caught me off guard. I'd use Keno as my first name (which it IS) if
Don didn't make a nicer signature.
	I don't know anything about "The Lost Maps of Atlantis" and not
much more about "The Lost Charts of Columbus". I just finished it before
my trip through Scandanavia, so I don't even know when Egmont might use
it, much less Gladstone (which must await its European use).

MATTIAS:
	Oh, hey, here's a new bit of bizniz in our discussion about my
ignoring the line in Barks' first Money Bin story that says its a "new"
building in 1952 or whenever it was. As I said my reasons for having the
Bin in place in 1902 was that I figgered Barks just happened to come up
with the idea in '52 as he slowly developed his new $crooge character,
and Barks seemed to afterward treat the Bin as something which had been
around for a long while. I was checking some fact in an old $crooge
story today and noticed $crooge, in the back-up tale in U$ #15, saying
these lines in reference to his Bin and its site:
	"I bought this land when there was nothing within 50 miles but a
fort on the Tulebug River. I built my fortune here and watched the city
grow up...around me. But here on my 10 acres, I never change. My Bin and
my ground...stay the same. My Money Bin and I have been here (on the
hill) for SEVENTY YEARS."
	Those lines are from 1956, placing the construction of the Bin
in 1886! Now I'm in trouble for having the Bin 16 years too NEW instead
of 50 years too old. All I could do was have the Bin built as soon as
$crooge could have first been in Duckburg... 1902. But as I always say,
this doesn't make my version right -- it's just my reasons for doing it
my particular way.

DAVE R.:
	30 pages...50 pages. So these are all digest stories you've
written. I believe that makes it very unlikely they'll ever be seen in
America. Gladstone would need to do major reassembling of all the
panels which would make them too costly to use, plus the art would be
rather "tiny" and would be in the Italian style (Harvey Comics-like)
which makes it incompatible with the Dell look. Right?