Disney Television

August DeBlieck ADEBLIEC at drew.edu
Tue Nov 15 16:19:36 CET 1994

                                        Date:     15-Nov-1994 10:11am EST
                                        From:     DeBlieck, August
                                                  ADEBLIEC
                                        Dept:     STUDENT
                                        Tel No:

TO:  Remote INTERNET Address              ( _IN%DISNEY-COMICS at MINSK.DOCS.UU.SE )

Subject: Disney Television

Jorgen,

Everything Dwight said in response to your question was pretty much right.
 Disney also has a deal with ABC, one of the major three networks in
America, to run "family-oriented" programming on Saturday nights.  This
past week, for example, was a remake of "The Shaggy Dog" movie.  Other
than that, around the holidays Disney usually has some programming
available for independent television stations to show whenever they wish.
Usually one of the local stations here will show Disney cartoons on
Thanksgiving morning and Christmas morning, for example.

The Disney Channel, although a premium station, is usually available for
free at all the hotels surrounding DisneyWorld, if what I've heard is
right.  I've never been to DisneyWorld since I was 1 year old, so I don't
remember DW.  Besides, The Disney Channel wasn't around until the
mid-80's.  I was around 8 years old and our family got it when it first
came out, but dropped it a year later due to lack of interest.  (I was in
a cartoon lull! ACK!)

Thanks for answering my questions about European TV, though.  Very
interesting.  But couldn't they fit three Disney cartoons into an hour
without commercials?  After all, they are only 22 minutes each.  (I agree
with you on Darkwing, though it seems very popular over here.  Chip and
Dale was a classic case of decent premise with bad execution.  Tale Spin
is great.  But this is discussion best left to another mailing list.
Sorry for the digression.)

-Augie De Blieck Jr.