Becattini's Index to join our Database!

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Tue Nov 29 19:51:28 CET 1994

      Dear Folks,

      Fabio just wrote me some private E-Mail containing, besides
discussion of our own meeting-to-come, some news he wanted the list
to have, but didn't have time to send twice.
      First, HARRY:  Your copy of the Index, of which THE SECOND
VOLUME IS NOW PUBLISHED, has not been forgotten.  Fabio will be
giving it to me when I see him in December, and when I come to visit
you, you'll get it from me, then.

      If others of you want the index, what these are, are thick
paperback books (Vol. 1, $30;  Vol. 2, $35) with complete Dell
indexes in them.  I don't know if the information on what untitled
gags are about is as complete as what we have in our Index, but daily
strips are dated, credits are at their most complete -- great, eh?

      Furthermore, Alberto Becattini is going to give Fabio a disk with
his Complete Dell Index in computer form on it, so we can add it to
the Database.
       >PLOP!<  (That's the sound of Harry fainting, folks.  Oh, so
you don't believe that?  ;-)

      That doesn't mean that some of you won't want the Index in book
form -- it reprints hundreds of samples from the various comics
(single panels to several pages in length, all reproduced rather
small, though).  It's really a good thing to have.
      You can order both volumes by writing to:  Dell Index, Al Fumetto
Club;  maybe someone can give an address, but if not, Fabio will give
it to me for all of us, soon.

      Best,
      David Gerstein