Gladstone stuf'

deckerd@agcs.com deckerd at agcs.com
Tue Apr 18 17:26:37 CEST 1995

The news that Gladstone won't be publishing any jumbo-sized
comics for the indefinite future makes me wonder what will
happen to that 39-page Mickey Mouse "which-way" story I
translated for them last year. Because it's one of those
choose-your-own-ending things with several decision points
throughout the story, it obviously can't be serialized.
The idea had been to run it in a giant issue of Donald &
Mickey but now it looks like another candidate for the
filing cabinet.

Note to David: I can't exactly say I "beat" you to that
"Nature Park Ranger." It was _sent_ to me with a batch of
other stories by John Clark about two years ago and they
just now got around to running it. That pool of lava in
the story was called "the Eye of Geronimo" in the original
Dutch, and I left it at that, but the editor changed it
to "the Eye of Hephaestus" (or whatever it was); I sense
there's a policy either at Gladstone or at Disney now of
stepping gingerly around references to Native Americans.

--Dwight