Telling others about the list

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Sun Aug 13 16:29:41 CEST 1995

Mike wrote:
> The problem with giving the e-mail address of this mailing list is
> that it would force some explanations such: "Write to
> disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se and write REQUEST <enter>
> DIGEST <enter> to the message and then post it and then the actual
> address is  disney-comics at minsk.docs.uu.se..."

No no no.  Please never mention the posting address of the list when
telling others about it.  No matter how clear you state what the two
addresses are for, people unfamiliar with mailing lists will
misunderstand and send their requests to the whole list.  There's no
need to tell them how to post things here as they shouldn't do that
until they are members anyway, and they will get instructions on that
when they become members.

Also, why instruct them to write "REQUEST <enter> DIGEST <enter> or
some such gibberish?  It won't make me any happier.  Just tell people
who might be interested in the list that there's a discussion list on
Disney comics and that they can join it by sending a request to
disney-comics-request at minsk.docs.uu.se.  Simple as that.
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"