Disney-comics digest #758.

Don Rosa donrosa at iglou.com
Sat Aug 19 08:05:00 CEST 1995

ARTHUR:
        The "transcript" of your conversation with the "Disney comics
expert" was very amusing. I can assure you that not one single thing he said
is true -- it sounds like he's making his "facts" up out of the thinnest of
air. He's so full of such drastic misinformation that I suspect he was
kidding you since it would be very difficult for someone to have so MANY
completely wrong ideas!

JAMES:
        The two episodes of TALESPIN I wrote were the first two produced,
"It Came from Beneath the Seaduck" and "I Only Have Ice for You". These I
did after being forced to quit doing comics for Gladstone, and before I
thought of actually seeing if Egmont/Gutenberghus had any need of me, which
I doubted. The way those shows worked was that I was given a general plot
idea which I would try to develop into something... and the title, of
course, had to be some awful pun. The first of those two was done just as I
wrote it, while the other was rewritten quite a bit by the editors. It was
okay work and the Disney people in that department were actually quite
NICE... but I just didn't enjoy working in animated cartoons. With that
kinda stuff I was simply part of a TEAM which included literally hundreds if
not thousands of people from here to Korea or France (where the animation
for the Disney TV series is/was done). Everything was a group effort,
art-by-committee, not my cuppa tea. I MUCH prefer doing comic books where
the results are a one-man show, good or bad.>