Portoguese comics!

paulo barreto barreto at oberon.iis.com.br
Mon Aug 28 16:05:06 CEST 1995

> I have a couple of Brazilian and Portuguese Disney comics.

> 	1. Published by Editora Morumbi
> 	   Printed in Brazil
> 	   Distributed in Portugal also!

	I really don't know that company.  Maybe those comics are only
printed here in Brazil and production is all exported (for Editora Abril
keeps local monopoly).

> 	2. Published by Abril Jovem
> 	   Printed in Portugal
> 	   Distributed in Brazil also!

	Abril Jovem publishes all(?) Brazilian Disney comics, but I
really don't know if they *print* them in Portugal also.  Disney comics
sold here are all Abril Jovem, all printed and published in Brazil.

> They BOTH have this Hlittle box with a tree inside on the cover.

	So it seems to be the very same publisher with two names.
Editora Morumbi really baffled me.  Abril Jovem itself is part of a much
larger publishing empire.

> > And surely Angola and Mozambique.

> So you are sure that the Brazilian comics are also sold in Angola
> and Mozambique? What about other Portuguese talking 'countries'? Like:

	 have no info about other Portuguese-speaking countries.  Let me
check out about it.

> And what about other South American countries that are not on
> my list. Like: PERU, BOLIVIA, URUGUAY, PARAGUAY, SURINAME, NICARAGUA,
> BELIZE or SALVADOR?

	Can't help very much.  I've been in Paraguay and Argentina but
havent't found any Disney comics.