Disney-comics digest #767.

kathy fitzpatrick kfitz at halcyon.com
Mon Aug 28 16:38:07 CEST 1995

Dwight, Don,

I believe what makes a real artist in comics is life experience and the
ability to put that into the art in a meaningful way to a lot of others
folks who want to be entertained by it.

The most talented (to me) are the cartoon artists/storytellers that have
lived and experienced life enough to see the humor and irony and give it
back through the art/story. Some would say that is using psychology, but it
is the difference between understanding human nature through living or
learning it out of a book and analyzing it to death.

The humor, irony, and understanding of human nature can't help come out in
every panel of such an artist.

Kathy