Disney-comics digest #571.

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Thu Feb 2 12:40:50 CET 1995

      DWIGHT:  As with any Egmont story I do without being asked to
do it by Gladstone, "A Case of Too Much Money" was taken from the
German, not from the original British-English script.  I used the
word "Phew" because I sometimes say it!  ;-)

      JORGEN:  So "Pork-Barrel" wasn't in #5?  That's strange,
because....

      TOBIAS:  You say that my pig tale HAS been published in
Germany!!!  I have NO access to the German issues right now, but
German is the only foreign language I can read well, and I would
REALLY like to own a copy of the story!  Is there any way you can
send me a copy of the comic?  It must be on sale NOW!  (And please
tell me which issue it is, too, as soon as you can.  My best friend
from the U. S. has also moved to Germany, and I've gotta call him and
tell him that it's been published, too.  I'd ask HIM to send me the
comic, but I'm not SURE that I'll be able to get in touch with him
while it's still on sale... you on the other hand, have E-Mail!)  ;-)
      Welcome to the list, by the way, Tobias.  Glad to have another
reader of the German comics aboard.  By the way, I desperately need
the issue (around 49/1994?) which printed my "Two in One" (D93138)...
or at least a xerox of the story.  I'd pay good money for THAT, too.

      JORGEN AGAIN:  I agree about the poor quality of the recent
Mickey stories -- except for the one about the art gallery (D92426,
"Minnie's New Job").  In English, excellent dialogue saves it.  But
it's NOT good enough to see print in the States by any means.
      The Gyro cooking story (D93197) isn't bad either.  The dialogue
again is very good and it has a nifty title, too:  "Fear of Frying."

      The British magazine names the stories inside on the cover, so
I can already see that next week's issue announces "Mickey the
Detective in 'Phantom Bob Returns'".  Sigh.  Anina bragged to me that
the Mickey stories were getting better, but the recent offerings have
really been bad.

     Paperinik in English is named Superduck.  But that can only be a
British name, as in the States there is already a Superduck character
(Archie Comics owns him, and still uses him once in a blue moon).  We
should really have an "en-gb" line in our interlingual file, because
some characters are really called different things in Britain.
Gyro's Helper, for example, is named Filament!

      Until tomorrow...

      David Gerstein
      <9475609 at arran.sms.ed.ac.uk>