Disney-comics digest #574.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Mon Feb 6 07:16:24 CET 1995

	Norway has poor relations with Turkey? I can't think of two countries
that I would think there was a better chance that they weren't even aware of
each other's existance. Norway & Turkey. Henh!

	Do we ever try to sell stuff to each other on here? Is that allowed? I
have some duplicate Disney items here...
	I get a kick out of letting people think I hate Mickey Mouse. Actually, I
have a collection of ALL the Disney comic books and Big Little Books that have
ever been published in America. Of course, I am pretty apathetic towards MM and
my love of Barks' DD has lead me to also collect all DD books of ANY sort
(coloring books, storybooks, picturebooks, "Golden Books", etc.) as well as all
sorts of toys and figurines.
	And I never seem to have duplicates since I never seem to worry about
upgrading items. But I was at a flea market today and actually found one of
those sleazy flea market dealers who had some items in GOOD shape that were
actually priced FAIRLY! I haven't seen that happen since the tragic invention of
price guides 20-25 years ago! Nowadays, flea markets are the most expensive
place to try to buy good stuff since those dealers are completely ignorant about
their merchandise and are just trolling for suckers. Anyway, I'm pretty sure
this guy couldn't read and would have tried to cheat me if he's been brighter.

	Whatever the case, I have four Disney Big Little Books here if anyone is
interested. (If you don't know what a Big Little Book is, then you won't want
one.) Four MMs and 1 DD, all art is newspaper reprints.
	MM IN BLAGGARD CASTLE (1934)
	MM IN THE TREASURE HUNT (1937)
	MM AND THE 'LECTRO BOX (1943)
	DD OFF THE BEAM (1940)

	These are all in good-VG shape, but well-read and worn a bit on the
edges. If anyone is interested, send me a private note, I'll describe the books
better and try to find out what they sell for nowadays (I haven't messed with
BLBs for about 20 years).
	(DAVID G.: I notice the "Treasure Hunt" BLB reprints that same newspaper
sequence that you had me make copies of from an old WDC&S.)