Disney-comics digest #582.

Don Rosa 72260.2635 at compuserve.com
Tue Feb 14 06:55:02 CET 1995

HARRY:
	Yes, there was something odd about that cover on U$ #291. Actually, I
liked the gag scene a lot... but the problem is that I don't draw those oval
portraits on the cover art -- I do them separately -- and I didn't realize that
the clothing and expression were identicle until I saw them on the cover with
everyone else. Also, the eyeballs in the portrait were too large for some
reason... I guess I drew them like that, but they look wrong. Also, too, the
oval portrait was supposed to be balancing a boomerang on that unexplained
twirling finger but they removed that because it must have interferred with the
frame -- now $crooge looks like he's saying "well, whoop-dee-doo".
	In the story itself, I liked Gladstone's coloring and as always Todd
Klein's lettering was swell -- but I am always a bit distressed by how LARGE his
sound effects are! The one on the flood is way too big... it covered up a lot of
water that I spend loads of extra time drawing just right.