Hans' stuff about comics

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Tue Feb 21 14:08:40 CET 1995

Hans Pedersen:

> My interest in Disney comics is mainly nostalgic: In Denmark,
> all healthy children are chewing Disney comics
> [...] after school we were
> playing games like "comic-book sliding"

Have you ever _read_ a Disney comic? 8-)

> I have no interest whatsoever
> in 99% of the synthetic and mass-produced juvenile junk that
> has been printed since political correctness destroyed

Again, but now I'm serious: have you ever _read_ the "juvenile
junk" that is produced nowadays? I have the impression that
you stopped reading them when the VERY bad comics from Gold Key,
Whitman and the Overseas (S-coded) stories were reprinted in
Denmark. But that was in the 60s and early 70s. And so much
_good_ things happened after that. Certainly more than 1 per
cent of the stories!

About the very first advertisement (1929) for the MM daily strip:
> I never heard of this ad before

It was reprinted in the (Gladstone) book "Mickey Mouse in Color"
(highly recommended).

> [...] Barks' "Frozen
> Gold", as this was _his_ first succesful longer story

You mean you don't like "The Mummy's Ring", or you think it wasn't
successful? Why not?

--Harry.
(The [still] Dutch Disney comics freak.)