Dave Rawson's "Toot Suite", etc.

DAVID.A.GERSTEIN 9475609 at arran.sms.edinburgh.ac.uk
Mon Jan 30 19:17:57 CET 1995

      DAVE:  Are you the same Dave Rawson who wrote the
Bugs/Porky/Daffy story "Toot Suite" which I just read in a British
Bugs Bunny monthly?  E-Mail me privately (so I can regain your E-Mail
address) and I'll praise your ear off... and enquire how you came to
be writing these stories, as well as Disney ones?  This is far better
than a lot of the stories DC has had made... for one thing, it
convinced me to buy the comic!
      Ever read some of the very good Dell LT comics from their glory
days, roughly 1943-1955?  Good stuff with often-superb art;  if not as
good as Barks, Gottfredson, Taliaferro, and Gil Turner's wolves, it's
sure better than a lot of the Disney stories done by Whitman.  The
Henery Hawk stories of the day have super art and a sort of self-built
mythology on the order of John Stanley's Little Lulu comics.  And
then there's Beaky Buzzard, who makes Goofy look like Einstein.

      JORGEN:  You still out there?  I hope you'll be so kind as to
summarize some recent issues, since the British weekly has chosen to
run a two-part Beagle Boys story around now and we've been stuck with
only a page of Ducks each week for two weeks!