The Life of Donald Duck

Greg Wright wright at OntheNet.com.au
Sat Jul 1 02:13:40 CEST 1995

Hi all

        I guess I should start out by introducing myself. I've been a keen
lurker on this list for a few months now but the time has come to reveal
myself. I have read Disney comic's for most of my 30 years and while I
wouldn't call myself an authority I am certainly an enthusiastic fan. The
only issues we get down here are the Gladstone ones that my local comic shop
brings in from the States each week, so I'm a little envious of every one
else who seems to have an abundance of local product. Really makes Australia
seem so far from the rest of the world.

        Anyway, on with the reason for this post. I have just received a
flyer from an animation art shop telling me about a book they have for sale.
It's called "The Life Of Donald Duck" and is advertised as a reprint of a
1941 book which is the only authorized biography of Donald. It also includes
a CD containing a fireside chat between Donald and Carl Barks. Has anyone
heard of this and can you tell me anything about it. Seems like it would
have to be a must for my collection. Thanks in advance and I can't tell you
how good it feels to have revealed myself.

Greg Wright