Disney-comics digest #692.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Tue Jul 4 19:34:25 CEST 1995

MATTIAS:

>in a Barks story -- the title presently eludes my memory -- HDL calls Daisy
>"Aunt Daisy"/Daisy is the girlfriend of or at least courted by Donald Duck/it
>is stated that Donald Duck is the brother of Della Duck) and base tentative
>conclusions on this (if Daisy is a bloodrelated aunt to HDL, as opposed to
>"honorific" aunt, and we believe it less likely that Donald is courting his
>sister, she must be an aunt on HDL's father's side of the family; ergo -- HDL's
>father is Daisy's brother).

>Now, there has to my knowledge never been any mention by name of a brother of
>Daisy's; but she must have at least one sibling since she has nieces (April,
>May & June).

	The reason HDL call Daisy "Aunt" is probably because she is an elder
woman. And do remember that HDL have had dates with AMJ. If they were cousins,
this would sound pretty, well, censored, in lack of a better word. And in
some stupid stories Daisy, Donald and Gladstone are even all stated as cousins.
But as Don says (good thing somebody finally did) in his family tree, Daisy,
April, May and June are NOT relatives to the Duck family.

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie