Architext wants to archive this mailing list

Per Starback starback at Minsk.DoCS.UU.SE
Fri Jul 14 13:39:18 CEST 1995

This is your list administrator speaking.  I've gotten this question
about the list that I don't know what to do about, so I thought I'd
ask around if you on the list have any views about this:

> Hi,
>
> Architext is an exciting new media navigation company. We're
> developing a service designed to give users powerful ways to search
> and browse the content available over the internet.
>
> We're calling our service Bullseye!, and we'd like to include your
> mailing list(s) in the content that we index and archive. Other
> content will include web pages, newsgroups and thousands of editorial
> reviews.  Basic searching and browsing will be free for all users; we
> also plan to offer profiling services for a nominal fee.
>
> Would it be acceptable for Architext to subscribe to your list(s) as a
> regular user and to keep archives of the list(s) content? This content
> will always be freely searchable by any user of the internet.
>
> In exchange for your permission to index your list(s), we'd like to
> offer you profiling services free of charge for one year. That way you
> will be notified about new web pages and news articles that match your
> profile. So you can stay abreast of new developments and make sure you
> have the most current information available as it comes out. Don't be
> the last on your block to get profiling from Bullseye!
>
> Architext was recently voted one of the top 25 cool technology
> companies by Fortune magazine (July 10 issue) and was featured on the
> cover of this March's Red Herring magazine. For more information on
> Architext, check out http://www.atext.com.
>
> Bullseye!  will be opening soon (around August 15) and we hope that we
> can include your list(s) in this exciting service.
>
> [...]
Per Starback, Uppsala, Sweden.  email: starback at minsk.docs.uu.se
 "Life is but a gamble!  Let flipism chart your ramble!"