Disney-comics digest #726.

Mike Pohjola mikep at freenet.hut.fi
Tue Jul 18 22:55:16 CEST 1995

DAN:
	My Beagle Boys story will probably be 17 (!) pages long. Most of the
story takes place in a town very similar to Salzburg. Egmont has published
atleast some continual stories about BB. No, Uncle Scrooge won't appear there.
Only regular Disney characters are the Beagles. Say, they don't publish
long BB stories in Holland? That is exactly where I will send the story! Oh
well, I oughta check it out anyway and confirm their needs. I can always send
stories directly to Egmont, can't I?

DAVID:
>        Eh?  In my stories, Mickey holds no steady job (such as one at Zoom

	In that case, I'm pretty certain that I haven't read any of your
MM stories. The ones Egmont publishes are (I picked eight stories at random):
	- a 1950s long story with detective Mickey: no personality
	- a three page gag story where Mickey insults Pluto: fake-cool
	- a story where Mickey becomes a super-hero: busy-head
	- Mickey and Goofy save deplhins, 8 pages: neither has personality
	- a Floyd Gottfredson story: GOOD personality
	- a Zoom story: jerk
	- a private detective story: see above
	- a long adventure in Western realms: smart mr. Average

	So there's quite a variety on Mickey personalities, but no really good
ones, expect of course all the Floyd stories. In his stories Mickey doesn't
always obey the law. He finds funny ways to cheat stupid bad guys. He isn't
the lawful, responsible nerd we know now.

	The way you discribed Mickey to be in your stories sounds very
fascinating too. Are there any stories of yours coming to Egmont soon?

PER:
	What's our WWW address?

BARRY:
	What stories has Pat Block done? Should I recognize the name?

KNUT:
>3. Call for a vote of all the list members. You can have mine right away: NO.

	Couldn't a fourth option be sending them a short summary every week
saying all the things worth knowing?

--

	Mike - The Finnish Trekkie