John, Mikko and Knut

Daniel van Eijmeren daniel at maisie.ow.nl
Fri Jul 21 02:43:02 CEST 1995

JOHN (& MIKKO):

J: So, I thought about writing into the list and giving the other
J: side. The problem, though, was that many of the most inflammatory
J: statements were made almost two years before I joined the list.
J: To object now and deal with them in detail would only stir things
J: up again and bring more attention to them.
J: So I decided to say nothing--for the time at least.

M: Bullshit. You have just here wroted a big article claiming about
M: the things you have read from the archives without mentioning
M: what those things are. What kind of objective approach is that?

I think that Mikko is right with saying that you have to come with
facts from those old discussions to build your comments on.

I also think you're very vague with only describing "faxes including
some inaccurancies".

What do you have to say about all these complaints towards Grandey?
Do you mean they're not true or something? Mikko is right by saying
that this club and/or Don were not the only sources.

And what is Barks' real opinion on Rosa and/or his work? You seem to
be a friend or a relative of Barks, so you could have it first-hand.

If his opinion on Rosa is negative, why don't he just see it as a
dedication from a fan?

I also think that Barks has a sort of "responsibility" while being
critical on other artists. A lot of artists are devoted fans and I
think he could really hurt someone while only being negative and not
giving some positive advices.

KNUT:

For some reason you sent a reply to Mikko, instead of to the club.
So, it's a bit guessing what you actually said.

I'm sorry if I understand something wrong, but you seem to object to
a new discussion about the "Rosa-Grandey"-subject. I don't agree with
that. When a discussion is old, it still doesn't mean you can't bring
it up again when you have/recieve new opinions and/or facts.

John's messages did raise some questions in me, so that's why I'm
posting this.

But... I think it's important that, even when there is a disagreement,
we have to stay polite. With that I'm not saying that someone is
being impolite now, it's just something that I hope.

So, I also want to make it clear to John that this mail isn't meant
hateful or something, it only includes some comments and questions.

Greetings,

--- Daniel