Disney-comics digest #608.

Torsten Wesley Adair torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu
Mon Jul 31 05:05:25 CEST 1995

On Monday, 13 Mar 1995, it was written:
(Okay, so I don't read my email very often.)

D. Gerstein
>       I hope your recent posting was a joke!  Does anyone actually like
> seeing serialized stories presented in BIMONTHLY chapters?  Or stories
> that weren't meant to be serials presented in serial form?
>       MORE LENTILS!
>       Speaking of serials... has anyone picked up USA 33 yet?  I'd like

I tend to ignore the serials in Gladstone.  1) I don't think the stories
generate enough excitement for me to wait for the next issue.  2) I am
used to reading Gladstones where not only is the story complete in the
issue, but sometimes more than one complete story are in each issue.

Are there any American Disney stories which were written as cliffhangers?
I remember some Gold Key Mickey & Goofy stories which spanned two issues.
I wonder why Gladstone/Egmont/Whomever doesn't publish a continuing Mickey
Mouse "soap opera", similar in construction (but not content) to what DC
and Marvel Comics are publishing.

I just remembered the early Gladstone Mickeys which adapted the
Gottfredson strips to comic books.  If memory serves, that title didn't do
too well.

Torsten Adair	torsten at cwis.unomaha.edu	Omaha, NE, USA