More Bits of information...

Gianfranco Goria - Anonima Fumetti - Italian Cartoonists Society goria at inrete.alpcom.it
Sat Jun 3 23:27:30 CEST 1995

Welcome back, FABIO! :-)

>Again, about Rota. Actually, he did not choose Egmont just for money. When
>Disney Italy was founded, he did not leave Mondadori for, I was told,
>disagreement with Capelli, former editor of Topolino. And only after some
>time he decided to work for Egmont.
Right. We talked with him a few days ago. He's working well with Egmont.
And, indeed, the "political" situation in Italian Disney in those years
was... a little troubled.

>About books ON comics.
Ok. I'll just add some other title.
May be I alread talked about:
-> "Undestandign Comics - the invisible art" by Scott Mc Cloud,
Harper/Collins publisher, USA - wonderful!
-> "La bande dessinee" by Benoit Peeters, Falmmarion publisher, France -
really interesting!
-> "Comics and Sequential Art" by Will Eisner, Poorhouse press, USA - a must!
Now I add:
-> "Case, Planche, Recit" by Benoit Peeters, Casterman publisher, France;
-> "L'Art de la BD" by Duc, Glenat publisher, France;
-> "Fumetti" by Sergio Brancato, Datanews publisher, Italy;
and don't forget:
-> "I Disney italiani" by Luca Boschi, Leonardo Gori and Andrea Sani,
Granata publishing, Italy!

>Finally, about the Barks'Index by Franco Fossati >swipe from the Barrier's
>book
(Carl Barks Guide, by Franco Fossati, published by Libreria
dell'Immagine/Comic Art 1992, Italy; a first version was partially published
by IF/Epierre/GianniBono as "Carl Barks, cronologia disneyana ragionata" in
1984)
uh? swipe?... Sorry, I don't know the Barrier's book: when was it published?
Where can I find it?

>Giorgio Cavazzano...>For all those interested in his work, there is a book
on >him, published by `Libreria dell'Immagine'.
Yes. The book is:
"Pennelli in aria" by Gianni Brunoro, published by Libreria dell'Immagine",
Italy, 1994. It contains an essay, an interview with Cavazzano, a
chronology, awards and bibliography. 48 pages.
Another book on Giorgio Cavazzano is:
"Giorgio Cavazzano" by Silvano Mezzavilla, published by Editori del grifo,
Italy, 1994. It contains an interview with Cavazzano, words about him by
pro-friends, photos and chronology. 126 pages.

>And about your story, Janet. As Gianfranco said, the art is very good, but
>the coloring is so poor. Cavazzano got really angry (as far as I'm told)
>with the colorist.
Yeah!!!

>And about Paperinik. Despite what the sometimes not-so-faithful bio's can
>say, Elisa Penna has absolutely nothing to do with Paperinik. (It is
>better to stop here, and not to go into details...).
... :-( ...
On the wonderful book "I Disney italiani" by Luca Boschi, Leonardo Gori and
Andrea Sani, we read, at page 235, in an appendix by Alberto Beccattini:
"...Paperinik. ...by Guido Martina and Giovan Battista Carpi from an idea by
Elisa Penna".
Indeed, some one said she was just the one collecting the readers letters in
that period... But, as I said, the creators were: Guido Martina and G.B. Carpi.
Guido Martina is dead (we ALL have to die, thanks to God); G.B. Carpi could
say a few words about the creation of Paperinik. May be you, Fabio, can ask
Luca Boschi to talk with Carpi and make the people know the truth? Thank you!

Bye Bye!