Knut in digest #702.

H.W. Fluks fluks at pcssdc.pttnwb.nl
Fri Jun 23 13:28:08 CEST 1995

KNUT:
> In Norway we have just seen the first book in a series called
> "Mammothbook"s. This is (as far as I can see) simply a continuation of the
> DD pocket book series, only the book is twice as big (510 pages) as a DDPB.

Maybe this is the same as the "Jumbo Comics" they publish in Germany?
The format seems the same, I'm not sure about the contents.

> For some time now the DDPBs have had a picture on their back (?) which goes
> over several books.

They have that in Germany, too. The Jumbo Comics pockets are a different
series; not only published when they "finished a picture" on the backs
("back" is not the back cover here, but the part of the book you can see
when it's in a book shelve. Howdoyoucallit?)

> 8. "Goofy: The baron of the air" J2017
> 10. "MM: The vagabond" J2017 (OOPS! Well, it seems very like the story code
> of #8, but this one _might_ be I2017, but I'm not sure)

The "J" is just a way of writing the "I" in a way that it doesn't look
like a "1" (one). "I" (and "J") means "Italy". In Italy, the weekly
"Topolino" mostly contains more than one story. Unfortunately, all
(Italian) stories in one Topolino issue carry the same code, nowadays.

(Hm.. it's about time to update the ftp file "story-codes"...)

--Harry.