Goofy, Swedish magazines, Mickey Mystery

Jørgen Andreas Bangor jorgenb at ifi.uio.no
Tue Mar 7 23:13:39 CET 1995

The Goofy stories
-----------------
Me:
>     - Isn't that Beethoven's son?
>     - No, that's Steinway's son.

Knut:
>In the norwegian version (was that the one you read?) I'm quite sure the
>answer is: "No, that's a Steinway & Son". I haven't read it for many years,
>though, so I may be wrong...

Yes, I've only read the Norwegian. You could very well be right -- I
haven't read it for some years either, but would that be a funny answer
in a Norwegian version? Isn't the piano factory called "Steinway & Sons",
BTW? I think that's what it says on the one in our living room.

Knut:
>I can't imagine them without, that art more or less _is_ the point with
>those stories!

Agree. No wonder why a lot of people compare them to the stories in Goofy
Adventures. These stories deserve better.

Swedish Disney magazines
------------------------
I did some shopping in Sweden a few days ago (The Swedish Krone is getting
weaker, and the Norwegian Krone is getting stronger ;-) , and I did, of
course, check the local Disney magazines, as I use to. So now I have a
couple of questions for the Swedes out there.
     In Kalle Anka #9 there is a contest where people are supposed to call
a number and tell what story they liked best. Is this the first time this
is done? If not, do they publish the results of this? Nice idea, but who
wants to pay for giving Egmont information they want?
     The Musse Pigg #3 has 68 pages. Is this usual? The Norwegian Mikke
Mus has only 33 pages.

Mickey Mystery
Dave R:
>Also, Mickey Mystery digest #3 contained my story "The Stamp Act".

The #3 hasn't come out yet in Norway. I'm expecting it on Tuesday next
week.

   Jorgen